Top 10 Reasons to Join GBCLA
1. Networking: We meet four times each year to discuss independent school library topics and trends.
2. Hosting: Volunteer to host a GBCLA meeting at your school -- it's great PR for your school, and it's an efficient way to attend meetings!
3. Grants: for professional development requests up to $750.00 is available each year, through grant rounds in the fall and spring. Total amount/year is $3000 ($1500 for each grant round).
4. Low yearly dues: Only $50 per school per year!
5. Listserv: Active Google Group for communication and support.
6. ILL: Interlibrary loan system (CLASS) to share resources.
7. Leadership: Opportunities for committee and leadership roles to advance the profession of library and information science.
8. Social Gatherings: In addition to meetings, we are trying a new initiative to host area-specific social gatherings to allow a variety of connections.
9. Site Visits: Attend meetings and visit GBCLA libraries across the area to see best practices in action.
10. Fun! We love to share stories, gather ideas, and partake of good snacks.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020: 1 pm - 3 pm (Zoom link to follow)
Late Fall Meeting:
Thursday, November 19, 2020: 1 pm - 3 pm (Zoom link to follow)
Winter Social Gathering
February 11, 2021 - Game Night
Monday, May 10, 2021: 1 pm - 3 pm